Is It At All Possible To Set A Default Timestamp Value To A Function?

Greywacke

hi, i've been struggling with this for a while now, accidentally posted on the PHP forums but intended for here.

ALTER TABLE `8_transactions` UPDATE `timestamp_TransactionEvent` DEFAULT 'CONVERT_TZ(NOW(), "SYSTEM", "+2:00")';

i keep getting the following mysql error, i've tried finding out what the problem is but to no avail.

MySQL said: Documentation#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATE `timestamp_TransactionEvent` DEFAULT 'CONVERT_TZ(NOW(), "SYSTEM", "+2:00"' at line 1

unless of course my syntax is just wrong in overall for updating the default value on a field. *checks mysql documentation*

well the following code inserts a default value of 0000-00-00 00:00:00

ALTER TABLE `8_transactions` CHANGE `timestamp_TransactionEvent` `timestamp_TransactionEvent` TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NULL DEFAULT 'CONVERT_TZ(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "SYSTEM", "+2:00")' COMMENT 'TimeStamp Transaction Event, Current TimeStamp No Keys';

i'd preferrably have this done in the database rather than the code (about 500 insert statements!)how could i go about getting the default value in the field to be SAST instead of the US timezone?

Archived