This Is My First Site

scout1idf

Hi, I am new to coding and I finally started a web site (mostly for learning purposes). If anyone would like to take a look at the main page and the 3 test pages (follow the links) and tell me what I did rite and wrong, I would really appreciate it.Please ignore the color's I chose, they are only there to show the different parts of the page.Also, the image preload script in example 3 shows depreciated values in my error console. If someone knows a better/newer script or way to preload my images, that would be helpful. (I have yet to venture into PHP so if that is needed, an explanation of how to use it will be needed if that is the only way.) ** Link Removed**Thanks in advance......

What's deprecated is the language attribute:

<script language="JavaScript">

The correct way it to use the type attribute

<script type="text/javascript">

I don't usually preload images. It's not worth much if the images are needed exactly when the page loads. Users will still need to wait before seeing them appear. The only good reason to preload images is if you'll need them on a button when hovering and you don't want the hover to delay, but CSS sprites take care of that.

I have changed my site for those that want to have a look. I'm still working on improvements and hopefully will have some content soon. The original pages (if you saw them) haven't been scraped, just set aside......

Archived