Anybody Have Any Ideas On This?

lcmorley

I am looking at approaching a local company for an e-commerce website.I need to come up with a quote for design, implementation and support.Anybody have any idea on this. I have worked on many website in the past, but have no idea of the general quote people would give.Obviously, as this may potentially be my first customer I will give a significant discount, but would be worth having an idea if anybody out there knows.

It really depends on your level of experience, with how long it's going to take you to implement everything. The best way to estimate that is to create a detailed list of everything you need to do and then assign hours to everything.

It really depends on your level of experience, with how long it's going to take you to implement everything. The best way to estimate that is to create a detailed list of everything you need to do and then assign hours to everything.
That was a quick reply justsomeguy.I am aware of how I can cost my own work, but I was just after a general ballpark figure of what other companies may charge. Are we talking £2-3k, or £10-£15k.I really have no idea.Cheers,

how many hours did you come up with? A more experienced designer would probably charge more per hour or whatever, but would probably be able to do it in less time. It really depends on the nature and size of the project. Have you tried googling web design companies to see what they're charging? If your interested in what the "competitions" up to, check em out.

Are we talking £2-3k, or £10-£15k.
All you've said so far is that you need to design, implement, and support an e-commerce site, I can't really quote something based on that description. You may want to look into some available shopping cart products and get some feedback from their users.

Archived