Mysql Versions

olilish

Hi,I have been using a 000webhost to test and learn php and mysql, as it seems to be a very useful free hosting package.My client has a 1and1 account which I need to use.I have copied accross all of the files and made changes to the username, password etc...Everything is exactly the same, however, even though I can connect to the database I cannot seem to add to it.Would anyone have any ideas / good practises that I can check in order to get my code working on 1and1's servers?The only difference I can see is that 000webhost seem to use Php 5.2.* and MySQL ver. 5.0.81-community.Where as 1and1 say they support php5 and MySQL ver 5.Any help much appricated.

Have you (re)created all of the tables and all? You can't add information in a non-existing table after all.

After further research it seems that my 'header' location script works on 000webhost but not 1and1.Does anyone know what I need to change in the settings / if I can! - in order for my 'header' scripts to continue to work as they are. Everything I am reading suggests that 'header' should come first, before anything else, which is not the case on 000webhost but everything seems to work fine.A lot of what I have done is based on if / else statements and loading different pages via 'header'

One server might have output buffering enabled, and one might not. This is why people say to use header before everything else, so that it doesn't matter whether or not output buffering is enabled. You can enable it manually using ob_start:http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ob-start.phpYou'll need to do that on all of your scripts that send output before sending headers.

Archived