Buttons a:hover

Sirax

Hello all,I'm working at a new website, my personal Portfolio website, I've designed the layout in Photoshop and now I'm building it into HTML / CSS...Now I have placed to buttons on the bottom of the main content page, but when you go over with the mouse-pointer for the first time, if flashes in a weird way, and second time when you go over with mouse, its all ok.This is the link where you can test this issue out: HereAs I said, you must take a good look at the button when you go over with mouse, because the issue happens only once, the first time you go over. You can re-produce the issue by pressing ctrl + f5.Does anyone know why those 2 buttons are doing that? And is there a fix for it?Thx in advance...

When you hover over the button, it has to load the second image, it takes a moment to load it because it has to send a request to the server.

Let me throw in a second vote for sprites. It's a piece of advice a lot of new designers find intimidating, so they look for other solutions. But it really is the best way to handle toolbar and button rollovers. And since you have PhotoShop experience, you should not find it very difficult at all.

just keep in mind some users to your site may not have javascript installed. Sprites covers everyone.

Yes I know, but I read this page about CSS sprites but I don't get it right away.I was also wondering... Why does that "flashing" only happens with my buttons in the content area? And not in the navigation menu? Because the navigation menu is build the same way as my content buttons... With 2 different images.Can you explain this?

Archived