Anyone use FormMail?

knystrom18

I'm having some trouble with it. I get the test alert messages, but whenever I submit test data in my fields, I only get my "firstname" field and nothing else. And whats more, I get that twice.I'm browsing through the support on tectite.com, and if I find anything, I'll post it here. In the meantime, does anybody know what might be happening?

It sounds like the names in your form and PHP script don't match.
Could be but I doubt it.Form mail is a pre (for lack of a better word) built script that I can change a few values in to have a working php email sending script. I don't have control over the names in the script, just the names in my html document. I'll check that out though... Maybe the names I gave in the html document don't match any in the actual script.

If you don't fill out the names in the PHP script, then it probably just loops through all of the data and adds all of it to the email. The script may just have problems, if you want to post the code we can look at it.If you want to see exactly what gets submitted, have your form submit to a PHP page with only this:

<pre><?php print_r($_POST); ?></pre>

If you don't fill out the names in the PHP script, then it probably just loops through all of the data and adds all of it to the email. The script may just have problems, if you want to post the code we can look at it.If you want to see exactly what gets submitted, have your form submit to a PHP page with only this:
<pre><?php print_r($_POST); ?></pre>

Cool, I'll submit to that code you provided and see what I get. The code is MAD long, but I'll post it in it's own post.EDIT: The code is too long to post here. If you really want to go through the trouble, you can download an exact copy (minus emails results are submitted to) of the script I'm using here: http://www.tectite.com/dlformmail.php

Good lord, even though it's a robust script with a lot of comments, 464KB is a lot of code to process a form and send email. What exactly are you trying to do? Instead of using a massive script that may work with any web server setup, it's probably easier to just write a small lightweight script that does exactly what you need it to do, and nothing else.

That's the thing. I don't know enough PHP to do that yet. I could figure out the basics but no security or captcha's or anything like that, which I'd like to have. I've already had malicious attempts on a couple sites of mine through that script, and luckily they never went anywhere. Without that script (formmail), I feel I'd be in a pretty deep hole.I'm not too keen on paying anyone to write one up for me either, I just don't have the funds at the moment.I've finally managed to post in the support forums over at Tectite and I'm just waiting for a reply. Thanks for your suggestions so far. If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to let me know here eh?- K

I found out whats going on.It was a default setting in the script. I just needed a little snippet of code in my html document that over-rode that particular setting.Specifically: *In the html doc*

<input type="hidden" name="mail_options" value="AlwaysList">

and all my fields displayed they way they should.Thanks for your help and suggestions justsomeguy.

Archived