Links in stylesheet

turtle

Help please!I am trying to add link styles across all my pages using an stylesheet but I can't get it to work. It only works if I put it individually to every single page but this is very time consuming especially if I have to make any changes. Thank you.Here is my stylesheet:.wrapper{ margin: 0px auto; width: 900px; background-color: #cccccc;}.header{ float: left; width: 100%; height: 200px; background-color: #6699cc;}.content{ float: left; width: 100%; height: 500px; background-color: #ffffff;}.footer{ float: left; width: 100%; height: 70px; background-color: #6699cc;}body { padding: 10px; margin: 10px; font-size: 90%; background-color: #6699cc;}a:link { color: #CCC;}a:visited { color: #69C;}a:hover { color: #00F;}a:active { color: #CCC;}

Theres 2 ways:<style type="text/css" media="all">@import url(css/stylesheet.css);</style> Or the more 'traditional' way:<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/stylsheet.css" media="screen" />Notice the media attribute, 'screen' is for normal monitors and 'all' is for everything, so that includes mobile devices. While its a good idea to use this, its not mandatory to have it. But its useful for a dedicated printing CSS file, eg: media="print"Both of these tags go into the head section of each page. Just make sure the path is correct to the CSS file. These 2 examples assumes (and you should) stick your CSS in a seperate folder, this time called 'css'.Hope that helps :)

MANY THANKS, IT HAS WORKED!

Theres 2 ways:<style type="text/css" media="all">@import url(css/stylesheet.css);</style> Or the more 'traditional' way:<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/stylsheet.css" media="screen" />Notice the media attribute, 'screen' is for normal monitors and 'all' is for everything, so that includes mobile devices. While its a good idea to use this, its not mandatory to have it. But its useful for a dedicated printing CSS file, eg: media="print"Both of these tags go into the head section of each page. Just make sure the path is correct to the CSS file. These 2 examples assumes (and you should) stick your CSS in a seperate folder, this time called 'css'.Hope that helps :)

Archived