redirection

mortalc

I have absolutely know idea where to put this. Oh well, here it goes:Basically, I want to make one of my current webpages redirect to one of my others. However, the one I want to redirect to only works if you don't type in the 'www.' (I don't know why), and the redirection automatically puts it in. How can I get around this?

I'm slightly confused - do you want to:a) set up a non-www to www redirect,B) get the webpage working without having to use the www subdomain, orc) stop the redirect you have in place from adding www to the URL?

Where is the one you currently have? The one which works... just not without a "www" in it?You're saying you tried <meta> and PHP, but that doesn't say which one is currently used, and what does it look like (i.e. if it's the <meta>, how does it look exactly? If it's PHP, what's the line that is supposed to do the redirect).

I can't remember - I deleted it when it kept adding the www.; And the PHP was a failure all over (It didn't redirect at all).The meta one looked like "<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://yourdomain.com/">

Archived