What is required for test/dev environment?

Guest lisamilbel

Guest lisamilbel

My company is getting a client with an existing ASP .NET site and we need to get all software / hardware necessary for our developer to setup a test or development environment for this site In-house. At the present my company uses Mac computers and I am aware we will need a P.C for this. There is also a MSSQL DB that will come with the site also. So far, from what I've read online:MS SQL Server ( any particular version?)Visual studio ( VS web developer, or any will do?)Any particular O.S?Any help to clarify exactly what we need, would be great!Also I have tried looking through previous posts and if this had already been answered please point me to the post :)

• 3 weeks later...

If multiple people are going to be working with the code base - your best bet is using MS Visual Studio 2005 with Team Foundation Server, this way you can check code in and out, without over writing someone changes. MS SQL 2005 will allow this as well and work with the Team Foundation Server. If you are going to use these products then you will have to be under a MS operating system.

Archived