frame navigation using javaScript

ssffcc

hi, I have a top-bottomLeft-bottomRight frameset and three pages (details01.html, details02.html and details03.html):

<frameset rows="80,*" cols="*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">  <frame src="topFrame.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="topFrame" />  <frameset cols="80,*" frameborder="no" border="5" framespacing="0">    <frame src="leftFrame.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="leftFrame" />    <frame src="mainFrame.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />  </frameset>  </frameset>

on leftFrame.html, I want to have navigation links to the three pages. when the link of "details01.html" is clicked, the mainFrame.html will display the details01.html, when the link of "details02.html" is clicked, the mainFrae.html will display the details02.html.is it possible to do this with javaScript? plz help, I am new to javaScript

I wrote this in HTML:

<h5>details 01 </h5><br /><a href="javascript:setPage()">details01</a>

and this in java script:

<script type="text/javascript"> function setPage() {   parent.leftFrame.document.src="lab1_Details.html"; } </script>

nothing is happening, plz help

another relevant question: I have these lines of code to generate a page with 6 horizontal frames:

<frameset cols="20%,15%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 15%">  <frame src="frame_a.htm">  <frame src="frame_b.htm">  <frame src="frame_c.htm">  <frame src="frame_d.htm">  <frame src="frame_e.htm">  <frame src="frame_f.htm"></frameset><noframes></noframes>

is it possible to have JavaScript to generate the HTML and display the pages side by side in a frameset (getting the same result of the above code)?

for javascript to generate html, put it all in a document.write()

<script>document.write('<frameset cols="20%,15%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 15%">');document.write('<frame src="frame_a.htm">');document.write('<frame src="frame_b.htm">');document.write('<frame src="frame_c.htm">');document.write('<frame src="frame_d.htm">');document.write('<frame src="frame_e.htm">');document.write('<frame src="frame_f.htm">');</script>

Let me know if it's not what you needed :)