Making a website

KYKK

So I was wondering how you guys start your websites, downloading CSS templates and or layout and change colors and images from that seems the efficient way building a website from nothing seems "professional?" So I want to know what do professional web developers usually do when people say "I want a website", how do you start making it after you know what client want... thanks for the info :)

First thing is decide the content and theme. Once I have that, I start working on the general layout. I make a sketch of what I'd like to do and then start building it in HTML and CSS. I don't use any external resources, myself, besides the W3Schools reference

I'll second Ingolme's approach. I try and spend a lot of time with the client trying to figure out what they want functionally and aesthetically before I even start. I ask for what kind of sites they like or what sites have what they're looking for. After that I sketch it out on paper to give myself a layout and general page framework, spend a little time on kuler, and then just build out the layout in my text editor.

Archived