Hyperlink same page & IE

blogsmith

I did my homework search "link same page internet explorer" and couldn't find relevant threads so here is my question:I published a post Sultan Azlan Shah - royal hypocrite and tried to hyperlink to another spot in the same webpage using the codes<a href="#speech">speech at 4th convocation of Kolej Islam Darul Ridzuan</a>and<a name="speech"></a><h2>Misery if powerful give in to desires: Perak sultan</h2>It worked with Firefox but don't seem to work with Internet Explorer (IE8?)Is there a workaround so it work in all browsers or a different HTML tag?

The name attribute is deprecated in favor of ID for all elements except form elements.You should change your HTML to look like this instead:<h2 id="speech">Misery if powerful give in to desires: Perak sultan</h2>A link to "#speech" will scroll to the element that has that ID. It should work properly in all browsers.

The name attribute is deprecated in favor of ID for all elements except form elements.You should change your HTML to look like this instead:<h2 id="speech">Misery if powerful give in to desires: Perak sultan</h2>A link to "#speech" will scroll to the element that has that ID. It should work properly in all browsers.
Many grateful thanks

Archived