Starting a Flash Video with JS

justinbriggs1

Hey everyone, this might be a peculiar request, but I was looking for a method to start an embedded YouTube video on my site with a button using JavaScript.For instance, I have a link in the sidebar that, when pressed, will automatically start the video without having to press the Play button in the video object. Has anyone seen or done anything like this? It seems possible, but I'm not sure where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

The video player would need to support it. If it doesn't there's nothing you can do to force it to do anything. If it does support using play through Javascript, then it would be documented on whatever YouTube pages describes their video player or API.

The video player would need to support it. If it doesn't there's nothing you can do to force it to do anything. If it does support using play through Javascript, then it would be documented on whatever YouTube pages describes their video player or API.
I found the youtube API for doing just that, it is at:http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/js_api_reference.htmlTrying to get it to work now...

Archived