Need help with loading xml into HTML

Guest Eagelberg

Guest Eagelberg

hey everyone, I'm pretty new to all this web building and recently I learned XML.now I have tried to use parsing to load my xml page data into my HTML page but it doesnt work.I use exactly the same commands as in this example: http://www.w3schools.com/dom/tryit.asp?fil...try_dom_loadxmlI use the same names and everything but somehow in my adobe dreamweaver it doesnt work..I am really desperate and hope anyoen know what am I doing wrong or if there is a different way to loading xml data into my HTMLthank you very much,Dor.

You must run the example code from a web server.I'd suggest you install XAMPP (a package comprising of the Apache web server, plus a few other things you'll likely need later down the road), check out "Question 2", place the files there, and access them as described.

• 4 weeks later...

If your trying to use the javascript from the example it won't work in the dreamweaver preview. You have to run your page in your web browser. Also you have to have files with the names mentioned in the example in the same folder as your webpage.If you use XAMPP you will be looking at the PHP tutorial.

Archived