CSS

user4fun

If I have an background image that is 100% the size of the pageHow do I place another image (not a box) and not show the white background arround itie the page is a square the image is a circle. The circle shows is a box with filing the outside of the circle with white in a box. I dont want that white ? lol

just the parts of the image where there is no color. If you start off with 100px x 100px on a transparent canvas, and put a 50px by 50px blue square in the center and save it, the blue will stay blue and the rest will be transparent. try it out and play around with it.

Are you familiar with GIMP? It's an incredibly powerful, free image editing program. You can use that to extract the portion of your current image that you want to keep and plaster it on a transparent background to create your new image. Did I mention it was free? :)

I have been using gimp and it is great. I learned alot about layers, effects, etc. I am having touble understanding the transparency part when you save the image. Everytime I save it as jpg or png, it looks like disaster.
Ok, open gimp and create a new image. Make it the same size as your existing image and make sure you fill it with transparency.Then open your existing image and select the portion of the image you want. Copy it.Then paste it into the new image, and save the new image as a .png file. That should be it.

Ok, open gimp and create a new image. Make it the same size as your existing image and make sure you fill it with transparency.Then open your existing image and select the portion of the image you want. Copy it.Then paste it into the new image, and save the new image as a .png file. That should be it.
if you have bit-saving options for saving png's, trying saving it to 24-bit and see if that makes a difference.

Archived