Designer looking for Developer direction

phendyr

Hi folks,first time poster here. I appreciate anyone's direction to help me figure out what options are out there. I'm a web designer by trade and usually work with developers to bring the front-end together with the back-end. I don't have that luxury this time....I have a website project that will involve a lot of content download pages. The company does not have the resources to hire a full team of developers, put in a dynamic backend to manage user accounts, etc. This site will contain a lot of pages that contain a 'registration' form in order to download a specific piece of content (ebook, whitepaper, web video, etc)... I would like to at least pre-populate the form for the user so they don't have to enter the same information each time they want to download a new content piece. I immediately thought of cookies, but to be honest, I've never used them myself, & wouldn't know how to set it up, let alone know if it's a viable option since they can be disabled.What other options are out there that I could pursue, research and develop a solution for this issue?Thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it.

Unless you want to require people to create user accounts and then you display that data from a database, cookies are the only other option. Sure they can disable them, but then the form just doesn't get filled in, it still works though.
Thanks JSG, I appreciate the clarification & confirmation :)

I've been searching for a tutorial or any content on how to develop a php cookie to prepopulate a form and I cannot find anything that speaks to this. Does anyone know of where I can find information on this subject? I find basic tutorials that designate the data, but nothing that grabs the data entered in a form, to store it for future use.again, any help/direction is really appreciated.

Archived