2 JavaScript functions won't work together

mboehler3

Hi, I would like to start off my saying I know little about JavaScript, usually enough to get me by. However I'm stuck with loading two JavaScript's on my page.Both of the scripts below work on their own. However when I call them both on the same page, only one of these work. Can someone possibly look at this code and lend some advice?Here are both of the scripts:

<script type="text/javascript">		function tbox() {			tb_show("Easy and Affordable Service", "/interstitial.asp?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=400&width=600", "");		}		window.onload = function() {			window.setTimeout(tbox, 10000);		}	</script>

and

function tabberObj(_1){var _2;this.div=null;this.classMain="tabber";this.classMainLive="tabberlive";this.classTab="tabbertab";this.classTabDefault="tabbertabdefault";this.classNav="tabbernav";this.classTabHide="tabbertabhide";this.classNavActive="tabberactive";this.titleElements=["h2","h3","h4","h5","h6"];this.titleElementsStripHTML=true;this.removeTitle=true;this.addLinkId=false;this.linkIdFormat="<tabberid>nav<tabnumberone>";for(_2 in _1){this[_2]=_1[_2];}this.REclassMain=new RegExp("\\b"+this.classMain+"\\b","gi");this.REclassMainLive=new RegExp("\\b"+this.classMainLive+"\\b","gi");this.REclassTab=new RegExp("\\b"+this.classTab+"\\b","gi");this.REclassTabDefault=new RegExp("\\b"+this.classTabDefault+"\\b","gi");this.REclassTabHide=new RegExp("\\b"+this.classTabHide+"\\b","gi");this.tabs=new Array();if(this.div){this.init(this.div);this.div=null;}};tabberObj.prototype.init=function(e){var _3,i,i2,t,_4=0,_5,_6,_7,_8,_9;if(!document.getElementsByTagName){return false;}if(e.id){this.id=e.id;}this.tabs.length=0;_3=e.childNodes;for(i=0;i<_3.length;i++){if(_3[i].className&&_3[i].className.match(this.REclassTab)){t=new Object();t.div=_3[i];this.tabs[this.tabs.length]=t;if(_3[i].className.match(this.REclassTabDefault)){_4=this.tabs.length-1;}}}_5=document.createElement("ul");_5.className=this.classNav;for(i=0;i<this.tabs.length;i++){t=this.tabs[i];t.headingText=t.div.title;if(this.removeTitle){t.div.title="";}if(!t.headingText){for(i2=0;i2<this.titleElements.length;i2++){_9=t.div.getElementsByTagName(this.titleElements[i2])[0];if(_9){t.headingText=_9.innerHTML;if(this.titleElementsStripHTML){t.headingText.replace(/<br>/gi," ");t.headingText=t.headingText.replace(/<[^>]+>/g,"");}break;}}}if(!t.headingText){t.headingText=i+1;}_6=document.createElement("li");t.li=_6;_7=document.createElement("a");_7.appendChild(document.createTextNode(t.headingText));_7.href="java script:void(null);";_7.title=t.headingText;_7.onclick=this.navClick;_7.tabber=this;_7.tabberIndex=i;if(this.addLinkId&&this.linkIdFormat){_8=this.linkIdFormat;_8=_8.replace(/<tabberid>/gi,this.id);_8=_8.replace(/<tabnumberzero>/gi,i);_8=_8.replace(/<tabnumberone>/gi,i+1);_8=_8.replace(/<tabtitle>/gi,t.headingText.replace(/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-]/gi,""));_7.id=_8;}_6.appendChild(_7);_5.appendChild(_6);}e.insertBefore(_5,e.firstChild);e.className=e.className.replace(this.REclassMain,this.classMainLive);this.tabShow(_4);if(typeof this.onLoad=="function"){this.onLoad({tabber:this});}return this;};tabberObj.prototype.navClick=function(_a){var _b,a,_c,_d,_e;a=this;if(!a.tabber){return false;}_c=a.tabber;_d=a.tabberIndex;a.blur();if(typeof _c.onClick=="function"){_e={"tabber":_c,"index":_d,"event":_a};if(!_a){_e.event=window.event;}_b=_c.onClick(_e);if(_b===false){return false;}}_c.tabShow(_d);return false;};tabberObj.prototype.tabHideAll=function(){var i;for(i=0;i<this.tabs.length;i++){this.tabHide(i);}};tabberObj.prototype.tabHide=function(_f){var div;if(!this.tabs[_f]){return false;}div=this.tabs[_f].div;if(!div.className.match(this.REclassTabHide)){div.className+=" "+this.classTabHide;}this.navClearActive(_f);return this;};tabberObj.prototype.tabShow=function(_10){var div;if(!this.tabs[_10]){return false;}this.tabHideAll();div=this.tabs[_10].div;div.className=div.className.replace(this.REclassTabHide,"");this.navSetActive(_10);if(typeof this.onTabDisplay=="function"){this.onTabDisplay({"tabber":this,"index":_10});}return this;};tabberObj.prototype.navSetActive=function(_11){this.tabs[_11].li.className=this.classNavActive;return this;};tabberObj.prototype.navClearActive=function(_12){this.tabs[_12].li.className="";return this;};function tabberAutomatic(_13){var _14,_15,i;if(!_13){_13={};}_14=new tabberObj(_13);_15=document.getElementsByTagName("div");for(i=0;i<_15.length;i++){if(_15[i].className&&_15[i].className.match(_14.REclassMain)){_13.div=_15[i];_15[i].tabber=new tabberObj(_13);}}return this;};function tabberAutomaticOnLoad(_16){var _17;if(!_16){_16={};}_17=window.onload;if(typeof window.onload!="function"){window.onload=function(){tabberAutomatic(_16);};}else{window.onload=function(){_17();tabberAutomatic(_16);};}};if(typeof tabberOptions=="undefined"){tabberAutomaticOnLoad();}else{if(!tabberOptions["manualStartup"]){tabberAutomaticOnLoad(tabberOptions);}}

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Yeesh, who wrote that tabber script? Someone thought it was a good idea to use numeric and single-letter variable names for everything.Notice how the tabber script checks if window.onload is already defined and either adds to it or defines it:

_17=window.onload;if(typeof window.onload!="function"){  window.onload=function(){	tabberAutomatic(_16);  };}else{  window.onload=function(){	_17();	tabberAutomatic(_16);  };}

The other script should do something similar. Right now it just sets window.onload to whatever it wants, so it's going to overwrite whatever was already there.

Archived