PHP validating function error

birbal

i am ahving some problems when i am using php validating function. so i ran these simple code to check. but it is not working in my computer (apache server in windows xp sp2 with php5)....i write down the code and the output what is showing my pc...

<?phpecho "php starts";print_r(filter_list());echo "php ends";?>

outputphp startsbut this code is working and showing all in remote server (other online host). i tested.so what is the problem occuring?

Since you get the first echo, but not the second, there must be a runtime error. It could be in filter_list(), or filter_list() may not be available. Is it in an include file? Are you testing to see if the include is successful? There may be a path error.

Since you get the first echo, but not the second, there must be a runtime error. It could be in filter_list(), or filter_list() may not be available. Is it in an include file? Are you testing to see if the include is successful? There may be a path error.
[link]php.net/manual/en/function.filter-list.php[/link]filter list function comes with php standard installation as php.net is saying..so how could be that possible that filter_list() is not available or there are some problem?!it is not in include file...i am not testing any include file. just try to to execute validating function. it should return the all supported filter in my pc(remote server was doing that well).

filter_list requires at least PHP 5.2 or later, is that what you're using?
this is my php versionPHP Version 5.2.4RC3-dev

A developer's version of a release candidate, huh? I suppose that should include filter_list. Well, add this code to the top to make sure error messages are turned on:

ini_set('html_errors', 1);ini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);

A developer's version of a release candidate, huh? I suppose that should include filter_list. Well, add this code to the top to make sure error messages are turned on:
ini_set('html_errors', 1);ini_set('display_errors', 1);error_reporting(E_ALL);

1) Error showing (output): php startsFatal error: Call to undefined function filter_list() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\val.php on line 62) is there any problem with this dveloper version release candidate? i was too confused with so many php setup files in their website :)

A release candidate is like a beta, it's not the final version. The developer's version is usually a nightly snapshot of whatever they're actually working on and typically doesn't include a lot of extras like extensions. Version 5.2.4 is over 3 years old, you'll probably want to upgrade to a 5.3 version. This is the download page for the Windows versions:http://windows.php.net/download/The sidebar on the left tells you how to pick between VC6 and VC9, and between thread-safe and non-thread-safe. Make sure you get the 5.3 branch though, not the 5.2 branch. Get the zip version if you want to install PHP manually (installation documentation is here), or get the installer if you want to try to automate it.

A release candidate is like a beta, it's not the final version. The developer's version is usually a nightly snapshot of whatever they're actually working on and typically doesn't include a lot of extras like extensions. Version 5.2.4 is over 3 years old, you'll probably want to upgrade to a 5.3 version. This is the download page for the Windows versions:http://windows.php.net/download/The sidebar on the left tells you how to pick between VC6 and VC9, and between thread-safe and non-thread-safe. Make sure you get the 5.3 branch though, not the 5.2 branch. Get the zip version if you want to install PHP manually (installation documentation is here), or get the installer if you want to try to automate it.
i am too much confused with installing php...when i first time installed it i choose something wrong setup file..and faced lot of problems..i used net to install it (help)..1)if you please recomend me how to choose one of them it will be very helpful for me...i dont know diffrence beetwin thrad safe..and non thread safe..and vc6 and vc9..i am using windows xp sp 2...apache 2.2..previous php was installed manuallyplease give me a guide :)

1)if you please recomend me how to choose one of them it will be very helpful for me...i dont know diffrence beetwin thrad safe..and non thread safe..and vc6 and vc9..
I understand, that's why I said to read the left side of the page, it explains the differences. It depends on which server you're using. Other than that, the installation documentation link tells you how to configure PHP with the web server. I can't make it any easier than it is there.

all right i found vc6 non thread safe is apropiate for my situation...thanks again for all

again i am here with a problem...i reinstalled apache 2.2 and php5.3 vc6 thread safe in my pc...problem is ..when i am using index.html or only http://localhost it is showing the default index.html..but incase of index.php file..it is showing forbidden error...dont have access...i searched net but did not find any good answer. what to do now? error in log apache

Warning: DocumentRoot [C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/docs/dummy-host.localhost] does not existWarning: DocumentRoot [C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/docs/dummy-host2.localhost] does not existhttpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 175.40.***.*** for ServerName[Fri Oct 01 19:05:16 2010] [notice] Child 340: Child process is running[Fri Oct 01 19:05:17 2010] [notice] Child 480: Released the start mutex[Fri Oct 01 19:05:17 2010] [notice] Child 340: Acquired the start mutex.[Fri Oct 01 19:05:17 2010] [notice] Child 340: Starting 64 worker threads.[Fri Oct 01 19:05:17 2010] [notice] Child 340: Starting thread to listen on port 80.[Fri Oct 01 19:05:18 2010] [notice] Child 480: All worker threads have exited.[Fri Oct 01 19:05:18 2010] [notice] Child 480: Child process is exiting

1) (175.40.***.*** ) it is my ip..i am amazing why it is showing there...i thoght it suppose to be 127.0.0.1

Archived