problem with if

MrAdam

well i been having a lot of javascript problems since i started learning.. and they come about when i start using if statements. for example i made this. i have no clue whats wrong here but it wont work :S

<script type="text/javascript">function test() {var test = alpha; If (test == "alpha") {     document.write("YAY!"); }}</script>

very simple.. yet it wont work :S

well i been having a lot of javascript problems since i started learning.. and they come about when i start using if statements. for example i made this. i have no clue whats wrong here but it wont work :S
<script type="text/javascript">function test() {var test = alpha; If (test == "alpha") {     document.write("YAY!"); }}</script>

very simple.. yet it wont work :S

Just change the linevar test = alpha;By var test = "alpha";Because in the first case variable test is assign the value of variable alpha which is any random value.bye

still not getting my yay tho :S

r u using only this code or other event to call this function?Because ur function should gt invoked by some eventOkif u want to see the result do the following
<script type="text/javascript">	var test = "alpha";	if(test=="alpha") 	{      document.write("YAY!");	}</script>

Note that "I" of if is small and not Big;Or Put a button in the html page and onclick event of that button call the function

<script type="text/javascript">function test() {	var test = "alpha";	if(test=="alpha") 	{      document.write("YAY!");	}}</script>

If u don't want to introduce html try the first code