E-mail Form Box

DizzyDan

I am not sure if this is a javascript function or not but if you can guide me in the right direction.I am looking to have a spot on my web page where you simply type in a text box (mainly an e-mail address) and when you submit it sends what was typed into that box to my e-mail.Currently my hosting plan provides free forms like that but it wont allow me to customize it to be just a simple box on the page. I have researched this a lot and i think i am trying to find a quick answer to something that is to complicated to be a quick answer.I found some free form sites that offer such but they all have crazy advertising on it. I also refuse to pay $9 a month for 1 little box on my page.If you can throw me a life float that would be great!Thanks.

If your server supports PHP or ASP then you can just make a form and submit it to a script and have the script send the email. PHP has the mail function and the PEAR Mail package, and ASP has several methods depending on the version. The HTML mailto scheme requires that your users have an email client and it just opens a new email in whatever client they have set as the default, so it's not going to work if they don't have email set up on the computer they're using.

Archived