First time database user

attila2452

Okay so ive just accepted a freelance job for webdesign about a week ago. i have to build a site for an antiques shop in my city. but the guy is unsire of how to start things, and truth be told this is my first freelance job too. especially with PHP. I need to build a database for his things that he wants to put up on the site, i needThe item nameA pictureand a description.I dont know how i would set it up. I know how to make a database and i know how to add users to the database but i dont know how to do anything else.i really need help!Here's the link to what i have so far.http://www.attilahajzer.pcriot.com/sites/Antique/

you need how to learn how to make tables and apply values to fields within a record. Something else to consider is how it this going to be maintained? Are items going to be bought or sold? You may want to consider adding a field wherein an item can be considered 'active' (true) or 'inactive' (false), as things get added/removed from inventory. Also, who will administer this backend? Will he he tell you which items to add, modify, or remove? You might want to consider making some sort of admin page for your client so if he wants to manually edit, add, or remove items from his inventory, he can do it himself, as opposed to emailing you all the changes all the time.

Archived