download code

jalaladdin

i write this code for book download page that when i click on book download tab ,one empty pdf download for user i want when user ckick on the book download tab one pdf from folder pdf

<?phpsession_start();$file = $_GET['file'];header("Content-type: application/pdf");header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=". $file);readfile($file);?>   <?phpif(isset($_SESSION['username'])){		echo $_SESSION['username']." wellcom";	printf('<form action="logout.php" method="post" class="   dir">		<br/>printf('	  <p align="center"><table border="1">			<tbody><tr>			<td>			<p align="center"><strong>row</strong></p>			</td>			<td>			<p align="center"><strong>bookname</strong></p>			</td>			<td>			<p align="center"><strong>aouther</strong></p>			</td>			<td><strong>language</strong></td>			<td><strong>format</strong></td>			<td>			<p align="center"><strong>size</strong></p>			</td>			<td>			<p align="center"><strong>downlaod</strong></p>			</td>		</tr>			<td>			<div align="center"><font size="2"><font color="#000000" face="Tahoma"><font face="Tahoma">			<div align="center"><font size="2">1</font></font></font></div>			</font></font></font></div>			</td>			<td>			<div align="center"><font size="2"><font color="#000000" face="Tahoma"><font face="Tahoma">flash</font></font></font></div>			</td>			<td>			<div align="center"><font size="2">jack</font></div>			</td>			<td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">english</div>			</font></font></td>		   <td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">pdf</div>			</font></font></td>					   <td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">3.28MB</div>			</font></font></td>			 <td>			  <div align="center"><font size="2"><strong><a linkindex="158" href="#">Download</a></strong></font></div>			</td>		</tr>	<tr>	 <td>			<div align="center"><font size="2"><font color="#000000" face="Tahoma"><font face="Tahoma">			<div align="center"><font size="2">2</font></font></font></div>			</font></font></font></div>			</td>			<td>			<div align="center"><font size="2"><font color="#000000" face="Tahoma"><font face="Tahoma">php</font></font></font></div>			</td>			<td>			<div align="center"><font size="2">bill</font></div>			</td>			<td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">english</div>			</font></font></td>		   <td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">pdf</div>			</font></font></td>					   <td><font size="2"><font size="2">			<div align="center">8.28MB</div>			</font></font></td>			 <td>			  <div align="center"><font size="2"><strong><a linkindex="158" href="#">Download</a></strong></font></div>			</td>	</tr></tbody></table>							</div></table>');					   <div align="center"> <input type="submit" value="log out" class="button" /></div></form>'); }else{	echo"please register in the website";   printf('<form action="register.php" method="post" class=" " >				 		</form>');}?>

If you're sending a file, that's all you can do. Don't output a bunch of HTML code after the file, because it's going to be counted as data for the file. Use exit after readfile, once the data is sent you need to stop the script.

If you're sending a file, that's all you can do. Don't output a bunch of HTML code after the file, because it's going to be counted as data for the file. Use exit after readfile, once the data is sent you need to stop the script.
what do i do? what can i change this code?

i wrote this code for book download my website IE show me error

<?php   if($_SESSION['username']){	  echo $_SESSION['username']." welcome";		echo('<form action="logout.php" method="post" class="   dir">		<br/>					   <div align="center"> <input type="submit" value="log out" class="button" /></div></form>'); 	$con=mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","");mysql_select_db("register",$con);   $result=mysql_query("select 'file_name' from `pdf` where `file_id`='".$_GET['id']."'")or die(mysql_error());   if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0){	   $row=mysql_fetch_assoc($result);	   $file="pdf/".$row['file_name'];	   $type="application/pdf";	   $data=file_get_contents($file);	   $size=strlen($data);	   header("content-disposition:attachment; filename=$file");	   header("content-type:$type");	   header("content-length:$size");	   echo $data;	   	      }else   echo "file doesn't have";   	    }else   echo('		<br/>		<div align="center" class=" bg-text1" > please login   </div>		<br/>		<a href="register.html" ><div align="center" class="">register </a></div>		');   ?>

pdf/file_name.application/pdfWarning:  file_get_contents(pdf/file_name) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to  open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on  line 930Warning: Cannot modify header information -  headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in  C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 96Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at  C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line  97Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers  already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in  C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 98

In your query, you have

mysql_query("select 'file_name' from `pdf` where `file_id`='".$_GET['id']."'")or die(mysql_error());

Note the quotes around "file_name". That's a literal string. You have to either not use quotes, or use backticks instead, as you do for `pdf`. Also, as a side note, you might want to cast the GET value, just in case:

mysql_query("select `file_name` from `pdf` where `file_id`='". (int) $_GET['id']."'")or die(mysql_error());

sorry IE show me these errorWarning: file_get_contents(pdf/file_name) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 82Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 84Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 85Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 86

You don't seem to have applied boen_robot's changes... what does your code look like now?

You use the code you have, and change the line indicated in boen_robot's post to what he suggested. :)

i don't know what's problem and IE show me this error again

Warning: file_get_contents(pdf/file_name) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 95Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 97Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 98Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\4\download.php:19) in C:\wamp\www\4\download.php on line 99

Do you speak English?Bring a friend to help you out if not.We've all told you what's the problem, I've pinpointed you the problematic line, and given you a copy&paste code to replace it with... what more do you want?Reread everything from the very first reply... fully... do not skip a letter.

It doesn't work regardless of whether or not output buffering is used, because it can't find the file in the first place. Output buffering doesn't matter when the file is missing. Buffering the output will not cause the missing file to appear.

I understand, but that's not the error. That's a side effect of the error. The error is that the file doesn't exist, and since it prints out the error message saying so then the headers issue those warnings. So the problem isn't with output buffering or with the headers, it's the error message caused by the file not being found. If the file was found and did not issue an error then the other errors also would not happen.

Hi!Click Here For DEMOindex.php

<?phpsession_start();$_SESSION["username"] = "HungryMind";if($_SESSION['username']){	echo $_SESSION['username'] . " welcome";	?>	<form action="logout.php" method="post" class="dir">	<br/>	<div align="center">		<input type="submit" value="log out" class="button" />	</div>	</form>	<?php 	$con=mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","");	mysql_select_db("register",$con);	$result = mysql_query("select file_name, file_id from pdf") or die(mysql_error());		while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))	{		print "<a href=download.php?id=" . $row["file_id"] . ">" . $row["file_name"] . "</a>" . "<br />";	}		print "<a href=download.php?id=4>d.pdf</a> I Just Set InValid ID For your Testing." . "<br />";}else{	?>	<br/>	<div align="center" class=" bg-text1" >please login</div>	<br/>	<div align="center" class="">		<a href="register.html">register</a>	</div>	<?php}?>

download.php

<?php// I Just Merge This SCRIPT To This Site: http://www.finalwebsites.com/forums/topic/php-file-download// So Thank That Person Who Submitted This Script There :)if (isset($_GET["id"])){	if ($_GET["id"] != "")	{		$con=mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","");		mysql_select_db("register",$con);		$result = mysql_query("select file_name from pdf where file_id=" . $_GET["id"]) or die(mysql_error());		$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);			if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0){					$fullPath = $row["file_name"]; //$_GET['download_file'];				 			if ($fd = fopen ($fullPath, "r"))			{				$fsize = filesize($fullPath);				$path_parts = pathinfo($fullPath);				$ext = strtolower($path_parts["extension"]);								switch ($ext)				{					case "pdf":						header("Content-type: application/pdf"); // add here more headers for diff. extensions						header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\""); // use 'attachment' to force a download					break;													default;						header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");						header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\"");				}								header("Content-length: $fsize");				header("Cache-control: private"); //use this to open files directly								while(!feof($fd))				{					$buffer = fread($fd, 2048);					echo $buffer;				}			}						fclose ($fd);			exit;		}		else		{			echo "File id not found";		}	}	else	{		echo "Please set file id.";	}	}else{	echo "Please set file id.";}?>

Hi!Click Here For DEMOindex.php
<?phpsession_start();$_SESSION["username"] = "HungryMind";if($_SESSION['username']){	echo $_SESSION['username'] . " welcome";	?>	<form action="logout.php" method="post" class="dir">	<br/>	<div align="center">		<input type="submit" value="log out" class="button" />	</div>	</form>	<?php 	$con=mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","");	mysql_select_db("register",$con);	$result = mysql_query("select file_name, file_id from pdf") or die(mysql_error());		while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))	{		print "<a href=download.php?id=" . $row["file_id"] . ">" . $row["file_name"] . "</a>" . "<br />";	}		print "<a href=download.php?id=4>d.pdf</a> I Just Set InValid ID For your Testing." . "<br />";}else{	?>	<br/>	<div align="center" class=" bg-text1" >please login</div>	<br/>	<div align="center" class="">		<a href="register.html">register</a>	</div>	<?php}?>

download.php

<?php// I Just Merge This SCRIPT To This Site: http://www.finalwebsites.com/forums/topic/php-file-download// So Thank That Person Who Submitted This Script There :)if (isset($_GET["id"])){	if ($_GET["id"] != "")	{		$con=mysql_pconnect("localhost","root","");		mysql_select_db("register",$con);		$result = mysql_query("select file_name from pdf where file_id=" . $_GET["id"]) or die(mysql_error());		$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);			if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0){					$fullPath = $row["file_name"]; //$_GET['download_file'];				 			if ($fd = fopen ($fullPath, "r"))			{				$fsize = filesize($fullPath);				$path_parts = pathinfo($fullPath);				$ext = strtolower($path_parts["extension"]);								switch ($ext)				{					case "pdf":						header("Content-type: application/pdf"); // add here more headers for diff. extensions						header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\""); // use 'attachment' to force a download					break;													default;						header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");						header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\"");				}								header("Content-length: $fsize");				header("Cache-control: private"); //use this to open files directly								while(!feof($fd))				{					$buffer = fread($fd, 2048);					echo $buffer;				}			}						fclose ($fd);			exit;		}		else		{			echo "File id not found";		}	}	else	{		echo "Please set file id.";	}	}else{	echo "Please set file id.";}?>

hi Hungrymind thanks a lot i create new folder and new folder call Pdf and i get php.pdf in pdf's folder but IE show me this errorWarning: fopen(php.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 23Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 51

Ok Listen!If U r Testing On Local Server...Then Use FULL Path Of Your PDF File...Like:$fullPath = "C:/wamp/www/php/" . $row["file_name"];If You PDF Files Placed In PDF Folder Under PHP FolderThen U'll Have To Use This PathLike:$fullPath = "C:/wamp/www/php/pdf/" . $row["file_name"];Or Simply Use Direct File Path For testingLike:$fullPath = "C:/wamp/www/php/pdf/php.pdf";But! Use 100% Axact Path Ok.Coz U Are Using Wrong Path, That's Y U Getting This Error (No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\php\)I Think Your PDF Files Is Placed In C:\wamp\www\php\pdf\php.pdfSo Try This Pathlike:$fullpath = "C:/wamp/www/php/pdf/php.pdf";Did U Checked My Code On IE?Check My DEMO LINK On IE Then Tell Us If U Still Getting An Error.But When Im Using Your Code On My IE, It's Working Perfect :SWhich Version U R Using Of IE?My Friend I Think There Is Something Wrong With Your IE Or Your Wamp Configuration.

i Have To Use This PathLike:$fullpath = "C:/wamp/www/php/pdf/php.pdf";IE show this error messageWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\php\download.php:4) in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 32Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\php\download.php:4) in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 33Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\php\download.php:4) in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 41Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\php\download.php:4) in C:\wamp\www\php\download.php on line 42

I think output buffering is still the wrong thing to do. The problem in this case is that this is a file being sent. If there is data being outputted, that is going to be considered file data. If that's not part of the actual file data then it's going to corrupt the file. According to the error message the output that is causing the headers to be sent is on line 4 of the download script, what is that line? Can you post the top of the script you're actually using?

Archived