Trouble sending e-mails in a script

justinbriggs1

Hey everyone, I've been having an issue sending an email in a PHP script using the regular PHP mail function, and the wpmail Wordpress function. I can send e-mails to almost every e-mail address I can think of, and it works fine, but when I try to send it to my clients e-mail, nothing happens, doesn't even get sent to the junk folder. The e-mail in question is one on their own server, like john.smith@mywebsite.com.I could usually just test my way through this, but the client does not want to provide me with a test e-mail account. What is the best way to verify that each e-mail is going to be sent? I don't have a lot of experience with this in general, so any help would be appreciated.

You can't verify that it's going to be sent, you can only verify that PHP delivered it to the mail transfer agent. If you're sending to the domain on the same server and it's not going through then it sounds like the server has a misconfigured DNS, where it's trying to send the mail outside of the network. Try to use just the account name without the domain and see if it gets delivered.

Archived