Help with a few things

bmwaldrop

OK, so I've been working on a new site for my employer and I'm having a little trouble.Here's the link: mrswaldrop.com/temp.htmOkay, first, I'm trying to replace the rotator (that's not working). A friend of mine was helping me with it, but I've been having trouble with it as of late and I can't seem to get a hold of home. So anyway, I'm trying to replace it with the one at http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/basic.htmlBut every time I do, it screws up all my formatting.2. I want the sidebar to be where it's at, but I want it to start at the top of the page. For some reason it's starting down the page. I've messed with the padding on the main content and width, but nothing is helping.3. I want the News and Events Part to start directly below the rotator. Right now is down the page.I should add, I ran the HTML and CSS through a validator. The HTML had some errors, however, most were a couple of widgets I added from a company's website that provides resources for my company. I'm getting with them tomorrow about the errors.Thanks for your help

With regards to point two, you should be using float:left and float:right to position your main content and your sidebar side by side.At the moment, you appear to have put a margin on the sidebar to push it over to the right. A margin pushes away any elements near it by that distance, so this is not the right way to position it. If web development isn't your job, then I'd probably build the site using tables in a wysiwyg editor - it's bad coding practise but generally easier for people to get their heads around tables than css.

Archived