spam mail

gabrielebr

Hi,has anybody any suggestion about how to avoid that spam robots catch the email adresses from the html code of a web page?(just the source, what is displayed is not a problem as I can use a simple word or an image) I would like not to use forms and I also would like not to use javascripts.Any solution with CSS and/or PHP ?Thank you very muchGabriele

An image... PHP could generate the image from the actual text... but keep in mind that unless you twist [the image] in a captcha-like fashion, one could (relatively) easy create a spam bot that will OCR the image, and extract the text from it. You'll keep the dum spam bots, but not the more determined ones.

...unless you twist in a captcha-like fashion, one could (relatively) easy create a spam bot that will OCR the image, and extract the text from it.
So that's why the goofy looking text and patterns in those captha's....always wondered why they were like that. (So darn hard to read sometimes :) )

Captcha's themselves are probably the best solution.
(So darn hard to read sometimes)
If you try the sound option, you'll figure out that reading it is much easier. I don't know how people are supposed to decode the sound version!

Thank you everybody,I think that a captcha (like the one suggested by Fmdpa) gives me another problem as for the accessibility opening a new window is not well accepted.I have seen something about a CSS that was reversing the string of the address but the comments were about the fact that the code is reversed but the right address is shown in the page.Is there any means to pass the re-reversed address (the right one) to a php instead of showing it in the page ?thanks Gabriele

Archived