writing a file on an ms webserver using asp

jenrainnie

I'm trying to create and write to a txt file using VBscript on an ASP.I'm using the Server.CreateObject code, which I've double checked the code and all is okay. There is no error when the page loads but it just doesn't create the file.Also, the code looks first to see if the file exists and then overwrites what is in it. So I tried creating the file manually to see the overwrite works and then I get the 'permission denied' error. This made me think it was the permission setting on the folder that was stopping the creation of the file in the first place so I went a had a look at them. My user profile has security level of 'full control' but the folder is set as read-only. When I try and remove the option on read-only, it doesn't seem to take - i.e. I click out the tick, apply and okay and then reopen properties and the read-only option is still ticked. I've tried to get this off from both my workstation and the server itself but no luck.Could this 'read-only' be what is stopping the file from being created and overwritten? If so, how to I get rid of it? And If not, what can I do instead?Many thanks

Archived