hide email

gabrielebr

Hellois it possible to combine a trick like:<style type="text/css">.backwards {unicode-bidi:bidi-override; direction: rtl; color:#c00;}</style><span class="backwards">moc.niamod@liame</span>that will display: email@domain.comwith php ?I mean passing the reversed address converted into the normal one to a php file that uses it to send an email ?If the converted address is a variable it should be read by spam bots Thank yougabriele

is it not possible to have the email address within the PHP script itself, or do you have to display it in the web browser?

is it not possible to have the email address within the PHP script itself, or do you have to display it in the web browser?
-------------------My problem is not the display in the browser (I can use a simple word like "mail" or an image).I would like to protect the addresses toward the spam bots.If possible I would like to avoid forms. The best would be something that works like the old "mailto" but without spam problems. I cannot use jave because of accessibility requirements.If a form is the only solution I wonder if a form working with a PHP that contains the address is safe enough or if a hidden database is required (I don't know how to build a database)regardsGabriele

if you use a form, then the email address can be hard coded as part of the script that processes the form, and in this case could be used to send an email with the form data. This is very common and widely used. Just because you're using PHP doesn't mean a database has to be involved.

Archived