in a bit of a fix with Firefox (presumably IE too) and the ctrl+mwheel page zooms.

Greywacke

hi there.i need to disable it for a different reason than page layout or font sizes...as i have a multiple list box to select filters when selecting from a database via ajax, i need to cancel the zoom while the user is scrolling down to select more filters, as releasing the ctrl key - loads the consumers with the currently selected filters. how would i get past this? ctrl + click is required to select multiple options in the listbox. yet ctrl + mousewheel zooms in and out of the page 0othis page is to be used in firefox alone. any ideas how i could work around this? the filters are loaded dynamically as regions are updated constantly.i am thinking perhaps cancel the onmousedown event of ctrl, but would this not cancel the onmouseup event too?

although, i have thought of using two select boxes for the filters instead. one for the customer status, and another for the customer region. i can either include a button below the filters, or load the filtered consumers on select. i have spoken to my client regarding this, he will let me know as soon as he gets back.

this issue has been resolved: click the status, scroll down to region to select - press ctrl then click it and release to load filtered consumers :)

Archived