Which developing enviroment should i use?

Utherr12

I want to start by saying that I have tried MS Office SharePoint Designer 2007 firstly, but I wasn't happy with it because it had ZERO support for PHP (damn YOU ASP), so I shifted to Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 and I'm still not completely happy. Except for code completion i have to write all the HTML code by hand (there's no button to insert an image or form or etc). Sometimes it even bugs, code completion doesn't work so i have to scroll lots of lines to be sure I'm writing that method correctly.In linux there's Quanta which does have all those buttons to insert html elements, but my mysql server refuses to work in ubuntu.So what app do you guys use ? Can i get something more than Adobe Dreamweaver ?

I believe Dreamweaver does have buttons to insert images etc.; you may be using the wrong view (try switching to "classic"). Though, it's good to get into the practice of writing things by hand, or else (among many things) it becomes very hard to tell when things go wrong if you leave it up to the program to write things for you. SharePoint Designer only supports the ASP languages because SharePoint runs on ASP.I use PSPad - it's a great very lightweight editor, and it has syntax multi-highlighting.P.S. MySQL works fine on Linux - if you like that environment, then you should just invest some more time to get MySQL working...

It doesnt work for me, the daemon won't start because it says :101106 15:33:41 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.101106 15:33:41 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: Cannot assign requested address101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Abortingwhen i run service mysql start.... www.canyouseeme.org says it can't see my service on port 3306 (Reason: Connection refused)There's no mysql or mysqld in my processes list. There's no one listening to 3306 port:root@kinga-desktop:/home/kinga# netstat -tlnpActive Internet connections (only servers)Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program nametcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1042/cupsd tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 1102/apache2 tcp6 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LISTEN 1042/cupsd root@kinga-desktop:/home/kinga# mysql -u rootERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)And yes, i usually write the code by hand, it just that a little code completion would help a lot and Dreamweaver sometimes brokes and it doesnt auto-complete my variables .Thanks for the tip. I switched to classic (it was on designer) and its much much better.

It doesnt work for me, the daemon won't start because it says :101106 15:33:41 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.101106 15:33:41 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: Cannot assign requested address101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?101106 15:33:41 [ERROR] Abortingwhen i run service mysql start.... www.canyouseeme.org says it can't see my service on port 3306 (Reason: Connection refused)There's no mysql or mysqld in my processes list. There's no one listening to 3306 port:root@kinga-desktop:/home/kinga# netstat -tlnpActive Internet connections (only servers)Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program nametcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1042/cupsd tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 1102/apache2 tcp6 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LISTEN 1042/cupsd root@kinga-desktop:/home/kinga# mysql -u rootERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)And yes, i usually write the code by hand, it just that a little code completion would help a lot and Dreamweaver sometimes brokes and it doesnt auto-complete my variables .Thanks for the tip. I switched to classic (it was on designer) and its much much better.
You need to go to your config file and edit the port. I had this problem and it worked for me. I'll try find the article I followed.

Archived