web designers vs. web developers

thescientist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/16/w...c_n_783854.htmlAlthough to most of the seasoned vets here, most, if not all of this stuff, applies equally across the board, or we're definitely a lot of column A and B, I sure know I am. :)my favorite part is the developers t-shirt
there's no place like 127.0.0.1

I'm sooooooo a web developer to the core by that infographic.I'm only missing the T-shirt (I have one that says "Got it?" instead), and I drink Coca-Cola instead of coffee.Oh, and I'm not afraid of women, I'm more like afraid of dating... well... semantics (i.e. I talk to many women, about various stuff, except what I should be talking about, ehm...)... it's the same thing they had in mind anyway.

I've actually lost a relationship because of my career interests...trying to fix that. :)
I'm gonna kill you if you're going to jeopardize your career by trying to "fix" a lost relationship >.<.

I'm gonna kill you if you're going to jeopardize your career by trying to "fix" a lost relationship >.<.
not lost. just didn't have enough time to put into it, i guess. grad school, development job, development side job, part time music producer. a shame because it was a really nice and fun relationship.

I'm sooooooo a web developer to the core by that infographic.I'm only missing the T-shirt (I have one that says "Got it?" instead), and I drink Coca-Cola instead of coffee.Oh, and I'm not afraid of women, I'm more like afraid of dating... well... semantics (i.e. I talk to many women, about various stuff, except what I should be talking about, ehm...)... it's the same thing they had in mind anyway.
:) Me too. (Except Mt. Dew not Coke) Gotta agree with you on the fear of women, just never could get the nerve to say the things I wanted/needed to say. Except somehow (By some crazy miracle) I managed to get something right 'cuz I'm married now. :)

:) Me too. (Except Mt. Dew not Coke) Gotta agree with you on the fear of women, just never could get the nerve to say the things I wanted/needed to say. Except somehow (By some crazy miracle) I managed to get something right 'cuz I'm married now. :)
and really stickin' it to her, as you've "shared"! :( eh, eh? nudge, nudge, wink wink. little rascal. :)

Hmmm, can't figure out which one I am...- I don't own a MacBook, iPod, or a coffee mug. - I don't drink coffee. - If I had either of those shirts, I would probably wear both of them. - I am picky about keyboards. - I don't own a pair of cargo pants, but I guess I'm not opposed to them.- I don't wear especially skinny jeans.- I fear photoshop at times.I guess that puts me slightly more on the developer side.

Ok, this post got a tad more into the women, far more than expected, though a topic i know very well.Part of being a man is dealing with chicks (unless you're gay, no offence if you are, i have gay friends so it ok!), which basically has its ups and downs. I perfer the downs if ya know what i mean.Reality, there are almost 7 billion people in the world. which even if its 50/50 there are 3.5 billion chicks. a bigger % are asian if you have a preference for that. So, no matter how fun, good looking or whatever there is another one out there. Girls always start off fantastic, fun, cute, innocent and then somewhere along the line they plant a tiny little seed of hate, i dont know when, how or why but they do. I think it might be a female instinct to be a certain way after a certain amount of time to then by some sort of lady magic "POOF!" turn into she devil and always have a way to blame it on something like hormones or as i like to call it "Horror-mones".All in all, you are better off without a chick, otherwise you will regret not doing something later when you realize you spend way to much time fixing something. Unless what you are trying to do is start a family right away with not ambitions to do anything, then go for it and goodluck!*edit* PS. I am slightly intoxicated, so i hope you dont mind my rambling and i apologize if i offended anyone! truly. have a good night all!*edit* *edit* PSS. Correction change slightly to very intoxicated.

I've actually lost a relationship because of my career interests...trying to fix that. :)
My gf hates it when i say "just one more minute, i just need to fix this one bug", and that 1 minutes turns into 30 lol. im sure this has happened with many other developers. it can be addicting!

i know how you feel. sometimes you just get so locked into something that you don't want to walk away until you figure it out.

Archived