Browser Redirecting

tarienn

several ways. but I don't feel comfortable explaining the options to you because I do not feel that your approach is appropriate. I do not feel that you should segregate your visitors. I understand that you might want to promote firefox - I am a active member of the spread firefox community as well, but coding a site only for one browser is not advisable. You can say that the site is "suggested to be viewed" in Firefox or whatever other browser you might code for - but isolating users is not part of the solution. Code your site to work in all browsers so you do not limit your traffic.(edit)looks like real_illusions types faster than me. javascript is one of the methods, a more efficient way would be using a server side scripting language - but again, please note my concerns.

i agree. I would like everybody to view my site in firefox too, but the reality is firefox still does not hold the majority. like skemcin said, suggest it's viewing in firefox, but dont block other users. As long as you code your page well (to W3C specifications) and validate your pages, everything works well for the most part. The only issues I've had is using div tags, in IE they leave a space like the p tags do, but a quick switch to span fixes it right up.