ApocalypeX

For the job it has to do, it's not bad at all. Some of the characters are not being rendered. I don't see a meta tag for encoding, but I'm not sure if that's relevant.Some of the pix are cropped a little oddly, as I'm sure you know. If you're worried that they are unappealing, well, yes. The rounded corners on your pix look pretty aliased. Are you using a good image editor (Photoshop)?

I don't see a meta tag for encoding, but I'm not sure if that's relevant.
Yeah I'm adding in all that stuff in when I put the site up.
Some of the pix are cropped a little oddly, as I'm sure you know. If you're worried that they are unappealing, well, yes. The rounded corners on your pix look pretty aliased. Are you using a good image editor (Photoshop)?
I compressed the images too much :) I love it when people send me images that are 2048x1536Yeah I'm using Photoshop, yeah I see what you mean, I'll tweak that.Thanks.

Back in the day, people would send you pix that were too small, and the problem was pixelating when you made them bigger. Now it's all about blurring when you make them smaller. Times change. You know about unsharp mask?

Back in the day, people would send you pix that were too small, and the problem was pixelating when you made them bigger. Now it's all about blurring when you make them smaller. Times change. You know about unsharp mask?
No, do tell good Sir.

Photoshop->Filter->Sharpen->Unsharp Mask (actually, my version is a little old; they might have moved it)Think of it--conceptually--as the opposite of Guassian Blur. It gives you a lot of control over the way you can sharpen an image, including the usual preview you can toggle. When you have to shrink an image, you usually get some blur. This can correct a lot of it.

Photoshop->Filter->Sharpen->Unsharp Mask (actually, my version is a little old; they might have moved it)Think of it--conceptually--as the opposite of Guassian Blur. It gives you a lot of control over the way you can sharpen an image, including the usual preview you can toggle. When you have to shrink an image, you usually get some blur. This can correct a lot of it.
Thanks I'll use this in the future. Don't worry it's still there heh.

Archived