Make URLs in JS and HTML Undetectable?

paulmo

I'm posting here because PHP is the only thing I use where things happening "under the hood" are mostly undetectable. I have URL ad links in both JavaScript and HTML in my site. Some are "encrypted" when I get the code, which I'm assuming means it's put through some regex to scramble my account ID, etc. But that's not fixing my problem. How can I make these URL links undetectable--in "source" and server contexts--except of course when User clicks on a link? My ideas include: have URL scripts delivered from an "include" page? But would that still be detected? Or can PHP "scramble" anything appearing as a URL, so link can't be detected by a third party? Remember, when User clicks on URL link, that all needs to work. Thanks in advance for suggestions. If you're wondering why I need to do this, I've encountered a "Big Brother" type situation and I would like to maintain my virtual autonomy.

if it's in the HTML source, it's too late. unless you use some sort of codename and use AJAX to use the code name to retrieve a corresponding URL from a server side file or database, which when returned to the browser, could be used to dispatch the user.

If you want to hide the URL that's in the source, you can just link to a PHP page that then processes some information and forwards the user to another page.For example, you link to redirect.php?id=1 and in redirect.php "1" is associated to a specific URL and it uses a Location header to send the user to the address.

If you want to hide the URL that's in the source, you can just link to a PHP page that then processes some information and forwards the user to another page.For example, you link to redirect.php?id=1 and in redirect.php "1" is associated to a specific URL and it uses a Location header to send the user to the address.
this is a better implementation of my idea. A code name is just a way to reference something with giving away its true name, i.e. 007 (james bond).What we are saying is in your HTML all the user sees is Link 1 displayed. Using this codename, a script can take the codename, use an if/else or switch statement to get an actual redirect URL based on whether Link 1, Link 2, etc and then use headers in PHP to dispatch.

Archived