view php

gabrielebr

Hello,is there any mean to run PHP pages without having to upload them to the server ?It is very slow to write the pages and have to upload them every time i make any modification.I wonder if it exist a sort of "simulator" that one can install on the pc at home...Thank youregardsGabriele

if you want to work in remote server use filezilla. this software is great. you have to just drag and drop the files as you do at your pc. its very easy to use and can reduce your headech.

if you want to work in remote server use filezilla. this software is great. you have to just drag and drop the files as you do at your pc. its very easy to use and can reduce your headech.
but certainly not nearly as convenient as just being able to test locally. The OP seems to wanting to not have to do any work involving FTP just to merely test his work.

but certainly not nearly as convenient as just being able to test locally. The OP seems to wanting to not have to do any work involving FTP just to merely test his work.
actually i felt that gabriel is facing problem to upload his file using his cpanel. i faced it before i use too slow connection and its hard to develop manage and upload.that time i used localhosts. but after i found filezilla or FTP clients i started using it. and i get lot of benifit with that. and now i can test scripts at remote server ..just drag and drop (though i prefer to use localhost but i think ftp client is usefull when you are trying to test at online) so i thouht that would help him.

I use Server2Go to develop sites, it gives you a kind of 'server' on your own pc witch you can reach on http://127.0.0.1:4001 (not over the internet)It works great (and you can put it on CD/USB/... and run it from usb/CD/...And its free!site: http://www.server2go-web.dePS;: if you use it, edit the config file to make shure it does not empty the database on each shutdown

It is very slow to write the pages and have to upload them every time i make any modification.
..and i was following it. :)

Maybe I've completely lost the comprehension to read and understand (it's been a massively long week), but the topic is how to "view php on my pc" and in the first post asks how to do it so that it doesn't involve uploading to a server or being online. Maybe I'm just not understanding your advice.

i did not mean that you are wrong. i meant by that i took that line cause i faced same kind of problem before. and thats line remind me about that so i shared that.i assumed that he is getting problem at the time of uploading (for slow response) so he is looking for a localhost. so i just tell a alternative option.

I think developing on localhost is the most logical thing because there are virtually no delays. I personally use WAMPServer, but I might attempt to build the stack manually one of these days. At this point, however, I see no need to.

Hello,to avoid Birbal and the Scientist to waste time to find the right interpretation of my words (probably caused by my English):I confirm that I have no problems in uplaoding the files (and yes, I use filezilla for the uploading).What I want to do is checking the progress of my work locally (on my PC) as it is too long to upload the pages after any modification to verify how it renders.I will try the ones suggested above... Are the difficult to install ? Huge size ?Thank youregards

Server2Go is very light and fast to set up. WampServer is still easy to get running, but has many more options, which can be useful. It's not "portable" like Server2Go though.

Server2Go is very light and fast to set up. WampServer is still easy to get running, but has many more options, which can be useful. It's not "portable" like Server2Go though.
And, if you're going to use a MySQL database, Wampserver has phpMyAdmin, which is very useful to start with.

Archived