Any good web host?

Tormented Angel8

I was using 1and1.com but switched to bluehost.com and like them a lot.Most of the hosting sites offer the same packages for the same amount of money within a few cents of each other. Depends on your actual needs of hosting. If you just want to build a page for cheap then just type in google cheap hosting and go nuts! haha.

Seems I have done the opposite to DizzyDan, I moved from Blue to 1and1, though when we moved we went from shared to dedicated hosting IMO 1and1 are far better. I just seemed to run into problems with Blue and the service was slow at times (but a dedicated host would solve this 9/10 times so not very fair comparison i guess).(No attack on you here Dan, just thought I would share my experience :))

To each his own, no offense taken. Blue just seemed easier to used to me thought I'm not on dedicated like you had mentioned.I've heard good things about Media Temple, though i don't need that much service at this time.

I don't know what your budget is but it looks like you'll be using photos and stuff.The guys their talking about here have good reviews from the people on smf and offer no surprises. It's almost like VPS but better from what I've heard. You know of course that the unlimited this and unlimited that stuff sold by these web sites is a joke don't you?http://www.simplemachines.org/community/in...483.0;topicseenAlso look at you usage and then call or email the providers listed above and try to nail them down on usage limits. Tell them you know and they know its impossible to have unlimited ban width, ask for a number.Also ask a about email, if you can only email X number of emails and hour or day and you have X+ members they may shut you down temporally when you mail out a news letter or site update.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived