Table data layouts

dooberry

Ok,I have an idea based on my previous one.Instead of using the frames that I had before that caused the error with write privileges I would like to use a table layout to make sure that the script is contained in the main page and is being used by the "hta" file, not a link to another page.Does anyone know of a way to create a table with several rows in the first column and only one row in the second which will span the height of the table?Alternatively, will I encounter problems with a table if I have a different number of items in each row e.g.

<table><tr width = "100%" height = "100%"><td width="20%"> item1</td><td width="20%"> item2</td><td width="20%"> item3</td><td width="20%"> item4</td><td width="20%"> item5</td></tr><tr><td width = "100%"> item6</td></tr></table>

Or is there an even better way to do this without using tables or framesets?If anyone can help I'd appreciate it - A LOT!!!!:)Dooberry

use rowspan to do that.

<body><table border="1"><tr><td rowspan="3">cell 1</td><td>cell 2</td><td>cell 3</td></tr><tr><td>cell 5</td><td>cell 6</td></tr><tr><td>cell 8</td><td>cell 9</td></tr></table></html>