why this error?

birbal

when i try to access some page it is showing this error...can anyone say what does this error means?...i mean when does this error comes?

Content Encoding ErrorThe page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. * Please contact the website owners to inform them

I believe you get that error when the page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.The browser sends a header called accept, or accept-range, which tells it which types of content it can accept. The server is supposed to respond with something the browser can accept, but in this case it's not. An example would be a browser telling the server it can accept plain text or deflate content, and the server responds with a gzipped document. The browser didn't say it would accept gzip.

so how can i make sure that browser accept gziped doc (acording to your example)?

• 4 weeks later...

bumping this topic..i am facing same kind of problem again..and cant get what is the reason..i was using gzip with output buffer...it was working well..untill i upload new edited files...after uploading some bunch of files it stop working and showing the error...and its showing gzip deflate in accept header..how to debug it?i am not sure what is the reason..so its hard to catch where and why this error is coming

Use a tool like Fiddler2 or Firebug to look at the headers. You need to know the headers that the browser is sending, and the headers that the server is responding with.
i am using fidler...its accept encodin in response header is gzipand in request header accept encoding is gzip,deflatei guess it should be same..:/what i am missing?

it is saying ...

the content could not be decompressedthe magic number in gzip header is not correct. make sure you are passing in gzip stream

it was ob_gzhandler..

but it was doing before..if i remove the compression..it is working...but not with the gz_handler..as far i i am aware i did not change anything intentionaly that could cause it...i updated some files and its stoped working...i belive probably i did something wrong somewhere...but cant track it downwhen the compression can be failed?

Archived