button value script

erik

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. I want to use a script with the button tag to ad text to the button. The www and google didn't give the answer.<button>some script to place the button text</button>

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. I want to use a script with the button tag to ad text to the button. The www and google didn't give the answer.<button>some script to place the button text</button>

Welcome to forum and don't worry this is the correct part :) is this what you are looking for, change the button value in this case depending on what the user types?
Enter text here: <input type="text" id="txtbox" /><br /><br />Change my value: <input type="button" value="change" onclick="this.value=txtbox.value" />

Thanks for the help. But this is not what I had in mind. I realise that my question was not complete. I want to place the text for the buttons in a separate file.So each button with ID=1 has the text OK, each button with ID=2 the text wrong.somthing like this.

You are not allowed to use an id more than once, an id must be unique.You could maybe do this using classes, i will check it out :)

Edited by scott100

Ok this does what you want, only it uses classes instead of id's

<html><head><script type="text/javascript">function classAction(theClass){ var allTags = document.getElementsByTagName('*'); for(i=0; i<allTags.length; i++) {    if(allTags[i].className == theClass) allTags[i].value="ok"; }}function classAction2(theClass){ var allTags = document.getElementsByTagName('*'); for(i=0; i<allTags.length; i++) {    if(allTags[i].className == theClass) allTags[i].value="wrong"; }}</script></head><body><input type="button" class="1" value="1" /><br /><input type="button" class="1" value="1" /><br /><input type="button" class="1" value="1" /><br /><br /><input type="button" class="2" value="2" /><br /><input type="button" class="2" value="2" /><br /><input type="button" class="2" value="2" /><br /><br /><input type="button" value="change" onclick="classAction('1');classAction2('2')" /></body></html>