Faster way ....?

eduard

Isn ´t there a faster way to make changes in my PHP doc. and see the result? I now have to go:Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test?

Open up a PHP file in a text editor. Open up a browser and type in the URL of that PHP file to see the results. Once you see them the first time, just keep the browser opened (that is, don't close it). Whenever you make changes in the text editor, just press "Refresh" in your browser and you'll see the changes. You can't get any faster than that.

like I've mentioned a few times before, you can have the webroot open automatically in your browser by selecting that option from MAMP's preferences. You can also create shortcuts and aliases with OSX so you can make have a shortcut to your webroot on your desktop, or in the left hand navigation bar of any finder window. I have my webroot (and other directories I access a lot) as links on the lefthand side anytime I open Finder.edit: Also, when you type in http://localhost:8888 (or whatever port you might be using), you can just bookmark that location in your browser too.

Open up a PHP file in a text editor. Open up a browser and type in the URL of that PHP file to see the results. Once you see them the first time, just keep the browser opened (that is, don't close it). Whenever you make changes in the text editor, just press "Refresh" in your browser and you'll see the changes. You can't get any faster than that.
Ok, thanks!

I foun a faster way! I have installed MAMP (webserver) and I there have the option to go to the homepage (so I see the PHP result)Then I open (in my case) TextWrangler. I go to recent and there is my latest .php document. Now I can change that document and go again to the homepage (of MAMP) and so on!

Archived