New host causing font problems.

sepoto

I moved my site over to a new host and now my text is displaying with garbage characters. Anyone out there experienced this problem before and know how to fix it?Thanks!

I moved my site over to a new host and now my text is displaying with garbage characters. Anyone out there experienced this problem before and know how to fix it?Thanks!
If you were using fonts that aren't available on the new host, that would explain it. This is common if you switch between Windows and *nix servers.

I thought the font had nothing to do with the server, but whether it is installed on the user's computer... ?
Oh, true. I suppose that could be/probably is a client-side thing.Maybe the files are being encoded funny on the new server.

Could we have a link to the new site?I'm thinking there might be a header or meta issue there.

I have moved 3 times and never a problem....however always with similar servers. Although I did run into a problem once when I downloaded a UNIX file to my windows and forgot to reconvert to UNIX before uploading. The extra characters appeared one-per-hard-return in my file....that being the <LF> or <newline> character that Windows/DOS uses.Try viewing page source from server and see if that is the pattern.as suggested, provide a link to your site and we can have a look.

Archived