Getting started

KaltyRulz

So I know basic html and slowly getting to know a very tiny amount of script.... I want to expand but I have no clue where to start! My only resource was this website for html and then the school web page design book for the tiny script code and html but the book was for dreamweaver so not much help there.... any sugestions? I want to also learn java script because I am also going to start learning how to code computer games with my girl friend! Main thing is I want to learn as much as possible... im in no hurry either though it would be nice for some messages or replys to start me off on the right track. :)Thanks for your time -Kyle (Karl) Altman

Creating games with Javascript is a new and evolving field. But you really only need to know some HTML and Javascript. You must be comfortable in Javascript, though.I would recommend getting familiar with the Javascript tutorials on W3Schools. From there, I'd recommend that you start getting familiar with HTML5 canvas. Here's a start-to-finish tutorial for creating a small game with JS.

Creating games with Javascript is a new and evolving field. But you really only need to know some HTML and Javascript. You must be comfortable in Javascript, though.I would recommend getting familiar with the Javascript tutorials on W3Schools. From there, I'd recommend that you start getting familiar with HTML5 canvas. Here's a start-to-finish tutorial for creating a small game with JS.
Wow thank you so much!!! My girlfriend will LOVE this!!! thank you I will get started now.... but a couple questions.... 1. how can you tell what IE version you have? because I dont think i have five i may have a later version if there is one ###### I have no clue haha

The current version of IE is 8, although IE9 is in release-candidate stage. IE9 only will work on Vista and 7 (Microsoft doesn't like how many people are comfortable in XP). IE6 and older versions are over 10 years old (hence their numerous rendering issues), yet they have a frightful share of the market. Probably has to do with the fact that IE6 came with XP. Here's how you can get IE's version: http://www.mkyong.com/javascript/how-to-de...ing-javascript/However, this uses the Navigator object, which is discouraged. There are many other ways to target certain IE versions.

yes so i do have 8... this is a brand new toshiba laptop thanks :)

Archived