Images?

reportingsjr

Im like brand new to SQL (have a bit of understanding) and I have some problems and questions:im trying to use mySQL, it wont work. What file do I run?thats all for problems.Questions:Can you put images into tables? So you could like host an image through a table? Im trying to make it so when someone in a group im in can go through fill out a form and the image the selected in that form plus al the other stuff will go into a table. The table will then get echoed through PHP into an HTML table.How do I do this? Or will we just have to upload images from like imageshack?

Can you put an image into a mySQL table I have code so that the table prints out so this would be the table:+--------+-------------+------------------------------------------+ |pic_id..|Description..| file_location.................................|+--------+-------------+------------------------------------------+|1..........|Sweet!....|C:desktop/my_documents/pics/pk1.|+--------+-------------+------------------------------------------+Could I make it so when file_location for pic_id 1 was posted in an HTML table it would be a picture? I dont want to have to upload a picture to imageshack everytime and have to put the link in there. Help on how I could do this??

You can store images directly in the database (takes a lot of database space) or you can stored the path (a string) to the image in the database and have the images in a folder on the server.MySql is a databae server software. You will have to download it from mysql.com and install it. You then can staqrt running queries on it after you have turned it on.I would recommend getting phpMyDamin for MySql administration or else you will have to use mysql from the command line.