Transparent Table Backgrounds

Man In Tan

The background on my site makes it difficult to read the content, so I added a transparent background, to make it easy to read, wile still blending well with the rest of the background.

div#content {margin: auto;border: none;width: 90%;padding: 0px;opacity: 0.6;background-color: green;}

However, the code above also made the text transparent. I tried to counter that by using span tags and more CSS.

span.text {opacity: 1.0;}

It had no effect. I also tried setting the text to 200% visible (opacity: 2.0;), but to no avail. Unfortunately, I don't have a live demo, as I had to take my server down for a while. Anyone know how to fix this?EDIT: I found a code that works for colored backgrounds (background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6);), but I still need one to make the background image of my banner transparent.

The background on my site makes it difficult to read the content, so I added a transparent background, to make it easy to read, wile still blending well with the rest of the background.
div#content {margin: auto;border: none;width: 90%;padding: 0px;opacity: 0.6;background-color: green;}

However, the code above also made the text transparent. I tried to counter that by using span tags and more CSS.

span.text {opacity: 1.0;}

It had no effect. I also tried setting the text to 200% visible (opacity: 2.0;), but to no avail. Unfortunately, I don't have a live demo, as I had to take my server down for a while. Anyone know how to fix this?EDIT: I found a code that works for colored backgrounds (background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6):), but I still need one to make the background image of my banner transparent.

You'll have to make the image transparent in your image editor and save it like that. Opacity affects the element and everything contained within it.

Archived