certification

birbal

i am currently pursuing for a degree in compute scince and php is not covered in my syellebus. i had spent some time with php and now i like to take out a separate certificate in php if possible. i am not sure what to do!i checked the zend certification program seems suitable to me and it has exam center in my city also.1) will it worth to do take out a certificate from zend? is it recognisable even in my/all country?2) how tough is the exam to be passed out?4) what type of skill is needed to passed out?5) how can i prepare myself for that exam? (syellebus range)6) any study materials i should followi am not in hurry. i have quite lot of time to complete my degree. just looking for some guide and info to be prepared in advance.any other advise is also welcome.

i have heared that recruiter in companies looks for that a candidate knows how many languages in current technology. if i look for any php based job in future then how would it certify it that i can do the work in php..i am not sure about that. ..where as i am no getting certified for php from my current course..and so its comes in my mind...

I don't have any "certification" in PHP, does that mean I'm not qualified? I've never taken a single class that taught PHP. Experience is more important than a certification. I think it's impressive on your resume to say that you have a degree in computer science and X years of experience using various languages. I don't think a certificate adds a lot of value to that. It may add value for certain employers, but I think it's more important to have a portfolio of work that you can use to prove experience versus a certificate that says you passed a test somewhere.

ok its making sense now..but when someone apply for a job as freasher it will be assumed as zero experiance..so now what i can think..is freelance work or any personal projects (which has not any comercial/client implement yet) will be counted as experiance if i apply any job to any company later? will it give any advantage as freasher?

ok realy thanks for your guide..

Archived