windows 7 xampp alternative

kingb00zer

So I tried to run xampp in my windows 7 and I even downloaded what im sure was a windows 7 version of xampp, but it doesnt connect to either apache or sql. I have been trying to find my old xp install disc but it is no where to be found yet, so I need some kind of an alternative to xampp that is gaurenteed to work with windows 7. Any suggestions?

XAMPP doesn't "connect" to Apache or MySQL. It just runs them.What problem exactly did you encounter?(chances are you'll have the same with any other package)Just a guess...Do you by any chance have Skype? If you do, uninstall XAMPP (from the control panel of course), turn off Skype, install XAMPP, start it, type "localhost" in your browser to see the initial web page, and IF it works, turn Skype back on.

it gives me an error that says ERROR: status check failure [3]this program must be run form your xampp root directory.not sure what it means.I re installed it and now i just get WARNING: Directory missmatch.

That shows up where and when? When you start the XAMPP control panel?Close the control panel. Right click on the control panel icon and select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check "Run this program as Administrator". Run it again. You should see a UAC prompt - say "Yes" to it, and it should work.

Archived