parse response

birbal

i am trying to get response of a ajax request as xml. but i am getting undefined in responseXML where as response as a text is giving the desired output. the file where ajax is requesting is a php file which generates a xhtml page.what i am missing? how can achive it?another problem is how can i parse the reponsetext by tags name or node name?

i am trying to get response of a ajax request as xml. but i am getting undefined in responseXML where as response as a text is giving the desired output. the file where ajax is requesting is a php file which generates a xhtml page.what i am missing? how can achive it?another problem is how can i parse the reponsetext by tags name or node name?
for the second problem you can pass the string to this functionfunction parseXml(xml){ var xmldom = null; if (typeof DOMParser != "undefined"){ xmldom = (new DOMParser()).parseFromString(xml, "text/xml"); var errors = xmldom.getElementsByTagName("parsererror"); if (errors.length){ throw new Error("XML parsing error:" + errors[0].textContent); } } else if (document.implementation.hasFeature("LS", "3.0")){ var implementation = document.implementation; var parser = implementation.createLSParser(implementation.MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, null); var input = implementation.createLSInput(); input.stringData = xml; xmldom = parser.parse(input); } else if (typeof ActiveXObject != "undefined"){ xmldom = createDocument(); xmldom.loadXML(xml); if (xmldom.parseError != 0){ throw new Error("XML parsing error: " + xmldom.parseError.reason); } } else { throw new Error("No XML parser available."); } return xmldom; }then you use dom so root = xmldom.documentElement then use DOM to get the elements for example root.getElementsByTagName('child')for the first one you need to send the code

thanks for the help justsomeguy and abdelebouhy.

Archived