Making the background color for text transparent?

Baxtex

HelloI'm codeing CSS right now but i have run into a litte problem. W3C standards says that you got to enter the background color for a text if you use a differant color to the text itself. I already got a picture as a background for the whole page. So if i enter a background color for the text, it would look very stupid. Imagine a weird colord bar in the middle of the page. So, are there a way i can make this background color invisible?

I'm codeing CSS right now but i have run into a litte problem. W3C standards says that you got to enter the background color for a text if you use a differant color to the text itself.
Im not exactly sure what you mean by that or where you're getting it from, but, maybe then it just wants you to specify background color in which case maybe you could just do background-color: none;perhaps

Aha! It was only i that misunderstood then? I quote from W3Schools: " For W3C compliant CSS: If you define the color property, you must also define the background-color property." But if i make one of my sentence with a background color, all of my sentences in my doucment get one. I just want just that one to have a background color. How do make just one with a backgorund color?I'm sorry for my bad English; But i wonder how to make a background color to for example a sentence. Beacuse when i do it, all of my sentences get a background color.

Archived