What is wrong with this UPDATE !

Mesh3L

Hello,I'm not sure if this should be here or on the PHP forum. sorry.-----I have been stuck with this for 2 hours now and have read lots google results without any success.The following query gives me an error :"UPDATE marker SET type='$type', for='$for' WHERE id = '$id'"also tried :"UPDATE `marker` SET `type`='$type',`for`='$for' WHERE `id`='$id'"also :"UPDATE marker SET type='$type', SET for='$for' WHERE id = '$id'"also :"UPDATE marker SET type='$type' AND SET for='$for' WHERE id = '$id'"also :"UPDATE marker SET type='$type' AND for='$for' WHERE id = '$id'"i tried many others also.The error is something like :You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET for='Sale' WHERE id = '1'' at line 1IT ONLY WORKS FOR A SINGLE FILED QUERY LIKE :"UPDATE marker SET type='$type' WHERE id = '$id'"How can i get this thing work ?!Thanks,

Since "FOR" is a reserved word in MySQL, you need to surround the name with backquotes. So, this is the correct version:"UPDATE `marker` SET `type`='$type',`for`='$for' WHERE `id`='$id'"If that doesn't work, print out the query you generate to check for errors.

Archived