Store data from the first retrieved row

son

I retrieve date from database via:

$query = "SELECT * FROM gallery";$result = mysqli_query ($dbc, $query);	if (mysqli_num_rows($result) > 0)	{		while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array ($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))			{		$id = $row['img_id'];		$text = $row['text'];		echo $text;		echo $id;		}	}

How can I use an array or something similar, so I can use the data from the first retrieved row further down on the page?Son

you can use mysql_result()
Thanks for reply, but cannot use this as:- It says 'Retrieves the contents of one cell from a MySQL result set.' -> I need three cells from first row- Also I use mysqli instead of mysql, not sure if I could mix?Son

It says 'Retrieves the contents of one cell from a MySQL result set.' -> I need three cells from first row
It's not an option to use it 3 times? There's not a function that gets 3 fields from a row.Just get the entire row and if you're looking at the first row then save the fields into variables. You can use a counter to figure out which row you're on, or better yet just set the variables if they aren't already set.

It's not an option to use it 3 times? There's not a function that gets 3 fields from a row.Just get the entire row and if you're looking at the first row then save the fields into variables. You can use a counter to figure out which row you're on, or better yet just set the variables if they aren't already set.
With $i=1; at top and $i++; at end of my while loop I set now:
if ($i <= 1)						{						$firstSlideId = $slidesId;						$firstSlide = $slidesImg;						$firstSlideText = $slidesText;						}

to get all the rows. Does the trick pretty well. Thanks a lot...Son

Archived