javascript gallery not loading

oneill2004uk

struggling to get my new gallery to load.gallery pagei've firstly looked through all the paths for the javascript to see if they are accessable directly and as far as i know they all work, the xml config file can be found in the browser, if you load the SWF file path in the browser it loads and its all working fine :Sstill very new to javascript its bound to be something silly.and i've checked some of the image files randomly to see if the paths work and all of them seem to its got to be something in the html file.i've made sure all the files are on the server and re uploaded them all.any ideas?tom. :)

have you tried it without the two dots in front of it?

swfobject.embedSWF("portfolio/source/portfolio.swf", "flashContent", "980", "420", swfVersionStr, xiSwfUrlStr, flashvars, params, attributes);

unless you've got all your HTML in a different folder structure or something. Is the folder portfolio and gallery2.html in the same folder?

have you tried it without the two dots in front of it?
swfobject.embedSWF("portfolio/source/portfolio.swf", "flashContent", "980", "420", swfVersionStr, xiSwfUrlStr, flashvars, params, attributes);

unless you've got all your HTML in a different folder structure or something. Is the folder portfolio and gallery2.html in the same folder?

Yes i've tryed it without the 2 dots. you see i've installed something similar on another page and this was the format that ended up working.because the gallery2.html is in a different folder to the portfolio.swf (so if i'm right i should be using absolute path location.) the gallery2.html is in the root folder and and the portfolio.swf is the folder above. (in the portfolio folder) which is also in the root folder.i used :
flashvars.folderPath = "../portfolio/source/";
on my other java app and i think it worked this one didn't come with that line so i just added it in. if you can do that.installed firebug going to read up on it tomorrow can't quite figure out how to use it thanks for the tip! :)hope that helps#this is the other website i've used some javascript on that works! :)

Open Firebug and open the Net tab to see the list of files. Files with errors are listed in red.
i've fixed it! :)i was missing files. that were the problem, seems that once i fixed that file (those files you found) it came up with loads more missing and it stops trying to find them if one doesn't load thats why it only came up with 2 files missing i think in the end there was about 20 images missing. the paths were wrong thats why it didn't work! :Plearn something new everyday on here! xDthanks alot!the firebug is very handy cheers! :)

Archived